The Ravens women’s soccer team once again made the trip across town to play the University of Ottawa (U of O) Gee-Gees, this time coming away with a 5-0 loss.

The Gee-Gees, who stand first in the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) East conference, were able to get off to a fast start, scoring two goals in the first four minutes of play.

Starting goalkeeper Elizabeth MacDougall played the first 70 minutes of the game, allowing four goals on seven shots. Rada Mintchev took over for the final 20 minutes, allowing the final score.

Ravens head coach Raz El-Asmar said their game strategy did not go according to plan, again attributing it to a large amount of injuries.

“We have to regroup and regain confidence,” he said. “We’ve had many injuries. The lineup had to change.”

Ravens striker and leading scorer Sarah Royer agreed, saying the fast start was one of the key reasons everything went wrong.

“Because of the beginning and how the first few minutes went, it was hard to pull back,” she said.

Gee-Gees striker Pilar Khoury and midfielder Sheniz Eryuzulu each scored two goals, while Sophie Curtis added the fifth.

With the loss, the Ravens fall to 5-4-4 on the season, and fifth in the OUA East. The Gee-Gees still stand at first with a record of 12-1.

The Ravens will travel to Kingston to play the Royal Military College Paladins Oct.15, who still remain winless on the season. From there, they have their homecoming games Oct. 18-19 against Trent University and the University of Ontario Institute of Technology.