The Carleton Ravens women’s hockey team was in Montreal on Nov. 25 to take on the McGill Martlets, falling by a score of 3-1.

The first period started slow, with both teams trading chances but neither one finding the net.

The Ravens managed to hold off the Martlets during the first period, limiting them to a single shot on goal.

However, with under a minute left in the period, Jade Downie-Landry converted on a pass from teammate Shana Walker to give the Martlets the lead.

During the second period, the Martlets came on strong, forcing the Ravens defence to turn away 11 of their 38 total shots for the night.

Five minutes into the second period, Olivia Atkinson converted on a passing play to extend the Martlets’ lead to 2-0.

After Ravens forward Tawnya Guindon took a slashing penalty, Marie-Phillip Lavoie converted on a pass from Nicole Howlett to put the home team up 3-0.

The Ravens headed into the third needing to put at least three goals past the Martlets’ defence, which has allowed just three goals over the past three games.

Five minutes into the third period, Walker took a penalty and sent Carleton to the power play. After the face-off in the McGill end, Carleton won the draw and set up in the zone.

After some sustained possession in the McGill zone, Guidon tipped Jennifer Semkowski’s point shot into the net, to give the Ravens a chance at a comeback.

But it was too little too late for the Ravens, as McGill held them scoreless in the remaining time to take the game.

With the loss – their fifth in a row – the Ravens fall to 7-2-1 on the season.

Carleton will play again against the Montreal Carabins on Dec. 2 at home in the Ice House.