Classes in Theatre B were cancelled on Jan. 8 after a water main broke near Southam Hall, causing flooding in the tunnels.

Loeb Building and the library parking garage were also affected, according to a statement released by the university. The main has since been repaired and the areas affected were recovered.

Nicola Steeves, a third-year environmental science student, said she was on her way to class in Theatre B when she saw the flood.

“I was told by maintenance that the water was flooding into [Theatre B], so it’s safe to assume the class is cancelled,” Steeves said.

Sock ‘n’ Buskin offices are also located near the flooding, but co-artistic director Cassie Nagy said they were not deeply affected.

“We were actually very lucky with the flood — very little of ours was damaged,” Nagy said. “As you know our office space is below the KM Theatre so as you could imagine we were a little worried when news had spread there was a flood.”

Nagy added that a few costumes and props were damaged, along with some books left on the floor of the Sock ‘n’ Buskin office.

She said the damage was not as severe as it could have been because the doors to the Sock ‘n’ Buskin office were closed during the time of the flood.

“We really lucked out in that it was enough to block the majority of the water,” Nagy said.