Name: Riley Evans
Program: Law with a communications minor
Position running for: Vice-president (student services)

1) Why are you running for CUSA?
I’m running for CUSA because I believe in the work being done in the service centres, and I want to take that work to a larger scale and to more students. I also want to be a strong voice for the service centres, and to fight for their autonomy and their importance to CUSA.

2) What do you think makes you a good candidate?
I’ve been involved with the service centres basically since I started at Carleton. I’ve worked in some capacity with four different Centres, particularly with the GSRC, where I’ve served as the outreach assistant for over a year now. I feel my work with different centres in supporting their programming has allowed me to sensitize myself to the issues of the communities that the Centres serve, which is of vital importance when judging different candidates to hire for open positions. 

3) What are two things you hope to achieve if elected?
An overall increase in the number of people accessing the service centres and greater co-operation between the Centres.

4) What’s one fun fact about yourself?
I’m currently preparing to play Darren Criss’s Harry Potter in a production of A Very Potter Musical, which opens Jan. 24.

Name: Adil Tahseen
Program: Bachelor of arts honours in criminology with a concentration in law
Position running for: Vice-president (student services)

1) Why are you running for CUSA?
I am running for CUSA because I want to make a difference in the Carleton community. I know how hard it is to be a student; I want to make important services accessible to all students in order to provide a better university experience.

I am organized, dedicated, motivated by students needs, and approachable.

If elected I want to make a student’s life easier by providing core services that all students can use. The first thing I would do is establish a sustainable multi-purpose centre in the University Centre where students can print, scan, and fax documents for cheap and hassle-free. Another thing I would like to do is make a peer-to-peer tutorial service where students will be able to get their assignments proofread and edited to ensure they achieve the best grade possible.

4) What’s one fun fact about yourself?
I have been called a hypebeast because of the vast shoe collection I have. After working retail at a shoe store for about four years I acquired over 100 pairs of shoes, with a majority of them being Jordan’s.