Photo by Kyle Fazackerley.

Two more on-campus students have tested positive for COVID-19, Carleton University announced Tuesday morning.

Ottawa Public Health will complete contact tracing for anyone who came into close contact with the students.

Five total students on campus have tested positive, according to Carleton’s Cases on Campus tracker, which counts positive tests among students who have been on campus in the last 14 days.

Three students had tested positive before the university’s announcement on Tuesday. The university confirmed the first student to test positive in an email to residence students on Sept. 12.

“The health and safety of the Carleton community is the University’s top priority,” the case tracker reads. “If public health authorities determine there is a health and safety risk on campus due to a positive test of COVID-19, the university will be provided with directives and appropriate steps will be taken.”

To combat the spread of the virus, residence is at 30 percent capacity, according to a university statement. Residence students are restricted from moving between floors and are only allowed one socially-distanced guest in their room at a time. Parties are also prohibited.

TV and study lounges are still open, but with limited capacity.

Housing and Residence Life Services is encouraging students in residence to self-assess daily and to contact the Residence Manager if they experience symptoms or feel unwell.

Featured image by Kyle Fazackerley.