As a part of Support Local month, on Oct. 30 the owners of the Ottawa clothing boutique Victoire served up the finest cherry pie at an art show dedicated to the cult classic T.V. show Twin Peaks at their Ottawa West location.

The show, created in collaboration with boutique owners and entitled “Welcome to Twin Peaks,” was curated by local artists Barbara Ochman and Meaghan Issacs and attracted over one hundred people to the venue on Wellington St. for a Twin Peaks–themed evening.

The event showcased the work of 16 artists from around the Ottawa area, each one bringing a unique perspective on the T.V. show.

“Welcome to Twin Peaks” was one of a series of events that were held in affiliation with Support Local month, an initiative launched by Apartment 613, a non-profit organization in Ottawa dedicated to raising awareness for the arts in the Ottawa area, and connecting people to their local neighbourhoods.

The managers and owners of Victoire, a Canadian boutique, are also co-founders of Support Local month, and said they were excited to hold an event that would support so many local artists, as well as local businesses.

Several different mediums were represented at the art show, including drawings and paintings on a variety of surfaces, from typical canvases to skateboard decks. The show also provided the boutique with a chance to have one of their clothing designers, Rosehound Apparel, reveal their new Twin Peaks-inspired fall collection at the same time.

“I think 80 per cent of the art sold, which is amazing,” said one of the owners of Victoire, Katie Frappier. “It was a really great variety in the arts, which is really exciting for a group show, with so many different styles being pulled together on the scene. The Twin Peaks event kind of crystallizes the idea of Support Local perfectly.”

As well as managing the boutique, Frappier also acted as one of the head organizers of “Welcome to Twin Peaks,” but credits artists Ochman and Issacs with the idea for the theme.

Twin Peaks was a T.V. show which ran for two seasons from 1990-91. The main plot was focused on the murder of a teenage girl in a small town located along the coast of Washington state called Twin Peaks. Despite having only two seasons, the show gained popularity for its peculiar, quirky characters and story line, and quickly developed a cult following, as well as spawning a spin-off movie.

Recently, television network Showtime announced a new season of the show will air in 2016, picking up 25 years after the finale. By lucky coincidence, the “Welcome to Twin Peaks” was scheduled to happen only days after the news initially broke.

“This actually started way before they announced that they were doing the new season,” said Frappier. “That was just a really awesome, lucky break.”

Support Local will be holding other arts events celebrating local crafts around the city for the month of November.