The  Carleton Ravens football team has managed to land one of the top recruits in Canada to join the team for the upcoming campaign. Linebacker Trevelle Wisdom has committed to the program for the 2014 season with the hopes of turning things by helping to provide a team-first attitude.

“My goals are for everyone to work together and that way we can contribute towards a successful season this year, not like last year,” he said. “We want to be able to have some fun and also be successful throughout the year.”

The six-foot, 210-lb. outside linebacker was named to Canadian Football Chat’s Top 100 prospect list for the 2014 recruiting class, but Wisdom said he shies away from putting too much praise on himself.

“I was happy that I was being recognized for what I’ve done, but I also want to make sure that it doesn’t affect me and I still perform the way I have been,” he said.

Ravens coach Steve Sumarah said Wisdom will bring physicality, the ability to blitz, and being able to get into opponent’s backfields to the Ravens’ defence.

“He comes off the edge really hard and really fast and he is aggressive, that’s what we like about him,” Sumarah said.

Sumarah said Wisdom certainly has the potential to be a key piece on the Ravens roster right away.

“He is definitely somebody that’s going to be an immediate impact guy,” Sumarah said, adding that Wisdom will be given his own package of plays to come in and make an impact with.

Looking back on how he has moved on to the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) level, Wisdom said a big reason why he was able to move on to university was a change he made in his senior year of high school.

The Toronto native played his high school football at Don Bosco High School, where he was coached by Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, before moving to Downsview Secondary School for Grade 12.

He said the reason for switching schools was to improve his grades, but he enjoyed his time playing under Ford, saying he played a big role in pushing him and other players the right way to get the best out of them.

Sumarah spoke highly of Wisdom’s desire to be a team player.

“I think Trevelle is a prime example of the kind of culture we’re trying to build,” Sumarah said. “It’s not about the individual, it’s about the success of the whole team.”