File Photo by Jesse Winter.

Through five years as a member of Carleton Ravens men’s basketball team, forward Thomas Scrubb has been able to leave his mark on the team.

In his final season with the Ravens, Scrubb won his fifth Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) title, becoming only the fifth player in CIS history to do so.

Scrubb’s teammate Jean-Emmanuel Pierre-Charles praised him for his work ethic on the court.

“He works so hard and I think it’s contagious,” Pierre-Charles said, adding this makes everybody wants to perform at a high level

In a stellar final season, Scrubb received awards for both Ontario University Athletics (OUA) and CIS defensive player of the year, as well as earning first-team OUA all-star and first-team CIS all-Canadian honours.

At Carleton’s annual athletic banquet, Scrubb was also recognized as male athlete of the year, as well as being named the team’s most valuable player.

In his final season with the Ravens, Scrubb averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.

In his five years with the Ravens, Scrubb played 104 games, averaging 10.9 points per game.

Scrubb also contributed for 600 total rebounds, of which 181 were offensive and 419 were defensive.

“He plays so hard that it rubs off on everybody else. Like he doesn’t just do one thing,” Pierre-Charles said. “He rebounds, he scores, he defends, and when you see that you feel like you have to contribute and show what you can do as well, so it raises everybody else’s level.”