Students at Boston University are saying the university’s paper, the Daily Free Press, took an April Fool’s Day joke too far when they parodied rape and sexual assault.

The newspaper publishes an April Fools’ edition every year — this year’s edition was themed “The Disney Free Press.” One of the main stories was called “BROken egos: BU fraternity suspended for assaulting female student.”

The story came after a string of sexual assault allegations and hazing have taken place at Boston University. Many students have seen it as insensitive, condemning the student paper for its actions.

“Considering the fact that BU’s student body has endured scandal after scandal after scandal, it was in completely poor taste,” a BU student told Jezebel. “Not only is it bad PR for the [university]: it’s a slap in the face for everyone who’s been victimized this year.”

Students have been engaged in many activities condemning sexual assault and rape as of late, such as “Take Back the Night” to raise awareness for victims. Michelle Weiser, a student from BU, told the Boston Phoenix that the Daily Free Press article was “a huge step backwards.”

The story, which attracted a lot of attention from various media and social media outlets, features girls getting roofied, raped and gangbanged.

As a result, the Daily Free Press issued an apology and the editor-in-chief, Chelsea Diana, resigned from her position, according to the Boston Phoenix.