Photo by Maddie Innis

Like any other Canadian, I’m overjoyed at the success of Canada’s team in the baseball postseason run this year.

The Toronto Blue Jays, for the second consecutive year, have impressed and delighted the nation with all 127 of Edwin Encarnacion’s runs batted in and Josh Donaldson’s famous cross-diamond throws.

Unfortunately, the Blue Jays were eliminated by the Cleveland Indians in Game 5 of the American League Conference Series on Oct. 19.

Now, as conflicted Canadians, we have to decide who we’re going to root for during the World Series. While choosing a new team to cheer on can be a challenge, choosing a great spot to catch all the action can be even tougher.

From sports bars to the old couch in your dorms, there are a ton of locations to cheer on your team during the Major League Baseball World Series.

As a Carleton student, the obvious first choice is everyone’s favourite on-campus pub, Oliver’s. It offers great prices on food and drink specials that every penny-pinching student will love, as well as a classic sports bar vibe.

However, as a student from Ottawa, there’s one place that every east-end student thinks of—Johnny Canucks. The Orleans-based sports bar is famous for its affordable prices and its unfaltering ability to show every sporting event that’s going on during any particular night. If you happen to make friends with anyone who’s from the east end, get them to take you off campus for the night and head out to Johnny’s.

Another place that students here at Carleton like to go for sports entertainment is the Real Sports Bar and Grill in the ByWard Market. Sports-loving students here at Carleton recommend Real Sports because of their exceptional food and their signature giant TV screen. With something for everyone both on and off the menu, Real Sports is a favourite spot for foodies and sports fans.

Although the sports bar scene is the first choice of many, personally I prefer to catch the game at home with my family or friends. It’s a cheaper and more relaxed alternative to always going out to watch the game of the night.

I can appreciate, though, that this isn’t an option for every student here at Carleton, so take a trip to any of the aforementioned locations and go cheer on your team of choice in the 2016 World Series.