Concerns that Panda Game is lacking in the dance video department can now be quelled – the Rideau River Residence Association (RRRA) has dropped a minute-long hype video in advance of Saturday’s big game.

Jaden Slawter, RRRA’s vice president­ of programming, choreographed the video and performed in it. Slawter said the video’s concept just made sense.

“I thought Panda [Game] and the song ‘Panda’ would just go together,” said Slawter. “And I was like, ‘Why hasn’t anyone done this yet?’”

Slawter rallied some local dancers, including members of the Carleton University Dance Crew (CUDC), and choreographed and shot the video in the span of a couple hours.

“It was a really quick thing,” said Slawter. “It probably looks like there’s a lot of choreography, but there’s not.”

The video was shot at Carleton’s Robertson Hall, and features five dancers clad in Carleton gear busting moves to Desiigner’s 2016 hit song “Panda.” It didn’t cost a dime, according to Slawter – the dancers and editors all volunteered to help.

Slawter said the intention of the video was to “bring hype around Panda.” As of the publication of this article, the video has just under 500 views on Facebook and over 1300 views on Instagram.

Reaction to the video has been “very positive,” said Slawter, who runs RRRA’s social media accounts. He said the video has received 80 per cent more engagement on Instagram than RRRA’s account typically gets.

RRRA president Douglas Cochrane said he’s pleased with the video.

“Seeing the directive and the action that Jaden took to bring students more hype and positive energy, I totally support it,” said Cochrane.

Cochrane said he hopes the video will draw greater attention to the services RRRA provides, especially given the possibility of students opting out of paying fees to the association as a result of the Student Choice Initiative.

Though the video has drawn attention to RRRA, Slawter said it’s likely a one-time thing.

“I don’t want it to become more of a casual thing,” said Slawter. “This one was more hype. If we keep doing a bunch, it would be lesser, I feel.”