Amid a orange background, two cold white drinks, and one warm coffee drink
Rooster’s Coffeehouse released three fall drinks in the 'Flavours of Fall' menu. [Graphic by Alisha Velji/The Charlatan]

Rooster’s Coffeehouse recently released its special fall menu: “Flavours of Fall.” The menu features three seasonal beverages that are sure to satisfy Ravens’ cravings as the semester ramps up. 

The pumpkin spice chai frappe, pumpkin spice latte and apple cinnamon iced chai are the perfect companions for this semester’s study sessions. Here’s what you can expect from these three seasonal drinks.

Pumpkin spice chai frappe 

This drink is a must-try. It’s perfect for those unseasonably warm October days when it really doesn’t feel like fall at all. Best enjoyed at a shady picnic table in the quad, this unique blended beverage is mildly refreshing and undeniably autumnal. Its delicate chai flavour matches its creamy colour. 

Of all the fall menu items, the pumpkin spice chai frappe has the most balanced flavour and will appeal to all taste buds. The drink’s blended format is a unique texture for a traditional fall favourite, but it works. It’s also significantly cheaper than its counterparts, with a small costing just $2.49. 

Rating: 4.5/5

Pumpkin spice latte 

Rooster’s take on the quintessential autumn beverage can be hit or miss depending on how you order it. Its comforting familiarity is ideal for back-to-school season. As a hot beverage, the flavour was gentle and nostalgic, like catching up with an old friend. The latte was heavy on the pumpkin and light on the spice, mixed with a notable vegetal taste. 

To tell the truth, I don’t order pumpkin spice very often and I was surprised by its flavour. This one may be more palatable for those who prefer savoury drinks over sweet ones. However, I ordered it hot and with oat milk, so perhaps it would be more enjoyable as an iced beverage or with another kind of milk. 

Luckily, Rooster’s offers milk alternatives at no extra charge and can make the drink over ice, allowing for optimal customization. Whipped cream can be added to any of the fall menu items for $0.50. A small pumpkin spice latte costs $3.49. 

Rating: 3/5

Apple cinnamon iced chai 

The apple cinnamon iced chai is the best item on the fall special menu. It’s also the most expensive, with a small costing $5.79 and the large a whopping $9.29. But the drink is worth the pretty penny. 

The spice hits you immediately upon first sip, followed by a crisp, natural apple taste. If you’re like me and generally opt for a simple iced coffee with oat milk, this one is pretty intense. The apple cinnamon flavour is quite concentrated, especially when combined with the chai. Be prepared for some serious sweetness. 

Rating: 5/5

These three delightful drinks are available until the winter semester at Rooster’s on the fourth floor Nideyinàn.

Featured graphic by Alisha Velji/The Charlatan.