The Carleton Ravens women’s soccer team rebounded from back-to-back losses in a stunning show of offence against the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) Paladins Sept. 11, winning 6-1 in Kingston, Ont.

“We bounced back really well against obviously a different caliber of opponents. No disrespect to them,” said head coach Alex McNutt.

Aiming to re-establish their offensive presence, the Ravens started off brightly with first-year striker Adrianna Ruggerio finding the back of the net in the 35th minute for her second goal of the season.

The game came to life in the second half with Ruggerio scoring her second in the 65th minute, only to see RMC claw a goal back almost instantly.

However, Carleton refused to collapse under pressure and instead turned the screw as they continued attacking a beleaguered RMC.

RMC’s hopes were ended in the 73rd minute as first-year Ravens midfielder Tina Lacava registered her first two goals of the season.

First-year forward Megan Sequeira and second-year forward Andrea Way also scored their first goals of the season.

“It’s big for [Lacava and Sequiera] to come in and get two goals as first years, but it was a team performance,” McNutt said.

The score could have been even higher but two Ravens goals were disallowed.

Despite the big win, McNutt acknowledged the importance of his players not becoming overconfident with a couple tough matches coming up.

“Right now you come off the back of camp and physically and emotionally, you’re having a really tough time,” McNutt said. “You just have to [buckle] down and try and keep enjoying what you’re doing and hopefully then the results take care of themselves.”