The Carleton Ravens women’s hockey team lost their third straight game Nov. 12, falling 4-1 to the McGill Martlets in Montreal.

Despite a 33-save performance by Eri Kiribuchi in her first start of the season, Carleton couldn’t fend off the defending Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) champions.

“They are probably one of the best puck moving teams in the CIS,” Ravens forward Victoria Gouge said. “They just move the puck so fast and they are getting their shots off so fast.”

The Martlets opened the scoring midway through the first period thanks to a power play goal from defenceman Cathy Chartrand. The home team continued to dominate, adding two more goals before Ravens forward Sadie Wegner cut into the lead with a goal midway through the second period.

But the Ravens weren’t able to get much closer, as Chartrand added an insurance marker late in the third period.

Carleton also lost to the Martlets Oct. 30, getting shut out in a 3-0 decision. In their previous two match-ups, McGill has outshot the Ravens by a combined total of 86-33.

Second-year forward Alexandra Yallouz, who was hurt in the first period, said the Martlets are as strong as ever.

“We’ve played a lot of games against McGill and they’ve traditionally been very strong,” Yallouz said. “So it is always a challenge for us.”

While a three-game losing streak may be a cause for concern for some teams, the Ravens are looking to learn from the experience, Yallouz said.

“We’ve learned things from these three losses and we’ve gained a lot of positives so we are just going to build on that for the next game,” she said. “We are not focused on the fact that it has been three straight losses.”

“We think of it as building on our play and development, especially at this point of the season,” she added. “It’s still early.”