The Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) elections may have ended Feb. 17, but if the electoral board approves a recount for several executive positions, the results could change.

Chief electoral officer (CEO) Sean Finn said he doesn’t know yet whether there will be a recount for three executive positions. He said that decision will be made by the electoral board, since they have to go through electoral offence appeals before a decision is made.

Presidential candidate Sarah Cooper— who received 79 votes less than her successful counterpart Alexander Golovko — said in addition to asking for a recount for her position, the Fresh Carleton slate is asking for a recount of the vice-president (finance) and vice-president (student life) positions.

A Better Carleton’s Michael De Luca won the vice-president (finance) position by 61 votes and fellow slate member Tomisin Olawale won the vice-president (student life) position by 148 votes.

Although Cooper said the electoral board initially told her that her request for a recount was submitted too late, she said they’ve been in touch with her about a possible recount.

A recount this late though would be “totally illegitimate,” De Luca said.

“The ballots have been unsecured,” he said, adding they “could [have been] tampered with.”

Golovko could not be reached for comment.

A recount was held March 7 for faculty of arts and social sciences (FASS) councillor candidate Arun Smith, who received 206 votes. The FASS councillor elected with the least amount of votes was Vanessa Ebuka, who received 218 votes — only 12 more than Smith.