A series of break-ins hit campus over the last several weeks. (Photo illustration)

Ottawa Police and Carleton’s department of university safety are investigating three reports of break-and-enter and theft in the Architecture and Mackenzie buildings on campus over the last month, according to university safety community liaison Mark Hargreaves.

A number of electronics were stolen from an office in the Architecture Building at some point during the holidays. Three other offices in the building also showed signs of forced entry, Hargreaves said.

Between Jan. 6 and 7, someone broke into another Architecture building office and a computer was stolen. Between Jan. 12 and 13, an office in the Mackenzie building was broken into and a television was stolen.

Hargreaves said it isn’t yet known if the three break-ins are linked. However, he noted that three break-ins in such a short time frame is not typical and “anytime [the department sees] similar incidents in a short time span it’s always a consideration.”

The university had consistent safety patrols over the holidays, Hargreaves said.

The safety department is working with occupants of the Architecture and Mackenzie buildings to conduct a crime prevention audit and “increase the level of physical security in the buildings to try to deter future incidents of this nature,” Hargreaves said.