Carleton has launched a new website for helping students at different phases of their university life.

Launched by the Office of the Vice-President (Students and Enrolment) (OVPSE), the website, Pathways to Graduation, provides information in five main areas: academics, employability, campus life, finances, and wellness.

According to Jeremy Whalen, the communications officer at OVPSE, the website is designed as a “student transition website, aimed at offering students a tailored online resource that can help to connect them with information and support services at different points of their undergraduate program.”

“Pathways to Graduation is designed to be interactive, allowing students to self-identify based on their program and how they define their current stage,” he said in an email. “This allows them to find the information that is most important to them now, while being able to easily change paths if they want to plan ahead or look back.”

Whalen said the website is designed to allow students to evaluate their own success.

“The website also acknowledges that each student will progress through their undergraduate experience at a different pace and regularly encourages students to embrace their individuality and explore other paths if they feel it applies more to their current situation,” he said.

“It is designed to offer a complementary resource to students through a holistic online guide where they can explore key terms, learn about services, and take advantage of interactive, program-specific checklists,” he said.

While the website gives basic information helping students navigate their academic audit, Whalen said the resources are no replacement for in-person academic advising.

“While Pathways to Graduation is built on detailed research, planning and student feedback, no website could ever replace the ability of on-campus advising staff to help students delve deeper into their academic difficulties in order to identify their path to academic success,” he added.

Image from files