Photo by Julien Gignac.

Work to complete the existing O-Train line will cause disruptions in service for the rest of January and into February, according to OC Transpo.

Over a four-week period which started Jan. 18, System Acceptance Testing (SAT) will be going on overnight from Sundays until Wednesdays.

SAT will simulate the expanded service before it is fully implemented, according to a press release from Carleton. It is part of the debugging process and helps to identify any unforeseen issues with the O-Train. It also allows drivers to familiarize themselves with the new schedule.

During SAT, “event scenarios” will take place to test the response time of OC Transpo staff to real life situations, according to Richard Holder, manager of rail projects.

The existing North-South O-Train line will be renamed the Trillium Line, while the new light rail East-West line will be called the Confederation Line.

Once expanded O-Train service is put in place, it will run every nine minutes, instead of every 15. This was originally expected to be ready by the middle of November but due to various delays has now been pushed back to late February or early March 2015.

The O-Train will also be shut down during the February reading week in preparation for the start of increased service.

Bus route 107 will run along the same route while the O-Train is shut down.