CUSA presidential candidate Sarah Cooper’s recount requests were denied because they were not submitted within the required two business days, according to the CUSA electoral board.

Just over a month after it began, the race to fill next year’s Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA)’s executive jobs is finally over after the electoral board rejected several appeals for recounts.

The board denied Fresh Carleton presidential candidate Sarah Cooper a recount in meetings March 5 and March 8, as well as the recount she had requested on behalf of the vice-president (finance) candidate Lorne Powell and vice-president (student life) candidate Mike Hons.

Cooper received 79 votes less than CUSA president-elect Alexander Golovko from A Better Carleton.

Fellow slate member Michael De Luca also won the position of vice-president (finance) by less than a hundred votes, while Tomisin Olawale was elected as vice-president (student life) by a margin of 148 votes.

Cooper’s requests were denied because they were not submitted within the required two business days, according to a written summary of the two meetings.

The recount requested by Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences councillor candidate Arun Smith occurred March 7. However, the results were exactly the same and Smith was not elected, according to the electoral board.

The CUSA electoral board is made up of Carleton ombudsman Jim Kennelly, current CUSA vice-president (internal) Ariel Norman and current CUSA councillor (PAPM) Chris Thompson.