The Carleton Ravens men’s hockey team concluded their preseason this weekend by going winless in two games against a pair of National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) Division-1 opponents.

The Ravens opened the weekend with a 7-5 loss to the Holy Cross Crusaders on Oct. 1 at the New England Sports Center in Marlborough, MA. The next day, the Ravens lost 4-3 to the Boston College Eagles at Kelley Rink in Chestnut Hill, MA.

The Ravens found the back of the net early in their game against the Crusaders, with Jason Seed opening the scoring less than a minute in.

Carleton’s lead wouldn’t last however, as three minutes later, Holy Cross forward Danny Lopez evened the score.

David Weckworth soon answered for the Ravens, scoring midway through the frame, but the Crusaders capitalized on a mid-period power play to even the score once again.

Curtis Meighan notched a shorthanded marker to make it a 3-2 Ravens lead before the first intermission.

Brett Welychka scored for the Ravens on a power play late in the second period, to extend the Ravens’ lead.

After Brett Gustavsen scored to push the Ravens’ lead to 5-2 with 13 minutes remaining in the game, the Crusaders launched an onslaught that would see them score five unanswered goals before the final whistle.

Tommy Muratore, Jack Surowiec, Scott Pooley, and Ryan Ferrill all scored goals in the final period for the Crusaders while Lopez added his second of the night to complete the comeback.

The following day, the Ravens took on a Boston College Eagles team featuring Joe Woll and Graham McPhee, a pair of 2016 National Hockey League draft picks.

The game was a penalty-filled affair, with the Ravens being on the power play for 9:06 minutes, while the Eagles had 19:08 minutes of power play time.

Boston College opened the scoring on a power play with a marker from Eagles defender Scott Savage, while Ravens forward Sean Bamford evened the score for Carleton five minutes later.

The second period saw JD Dudek restore the Eagles lead less than two minutes in, before Welychka scored on a Ravens power play to restore the stalemate.

McPhee scored with seven minutes left in the second to reclaim a one goal advantage heading into the intermission.

Adam Chapman scored with seven minutes to go in the game to tie it up once more.

A penalty would cost the game for the Ravens, as Ryan Fitzgerald scored a power play goal for the Eagles to give them the victory.

The Ravens wrapped up their preseason with the team earning a 3-3 record. The regular season will get underway on Oct. 7 in Kingston, as Carleton takes on the Queen’s Gaels.