[Graphic by Maryam Teima].

The Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) is holding elections for their president and councillors. At the time of publication, voting days and campaigning have been postponed indefinitely.

Carleton students will vote for 31 councillors, seven of which will represent students in the faculty of arts and social sciences. Only three candidates are running.

The Charlatan asked each candidate questions about their campaigns. 

Tyson Hunter Scott

Tyson Hunter Scott is a third-year cognitive science student with fourth-year standing. He is a Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences representative for CUSA and a cognitive science representative for the Carleton Academic Student Government (CASG).

Q: Why are you running for CUSA? 

A: CUSA is in a volatile state right now. I believe I can help guide it to stability and better governance. I also want to help guide the next set of councillors who will be on CUSA after I graduate.

Q: Why should students vote for you to represent your faculty? 

A: My focusing is on improving CUSA and making it into a healthier, better functioning organization. I understand a lot of what my fellow students experience and I can represent and advocate for their issues and concerns.

Q: What do you hope to accomplish as a CUSA councillor?

A: CUSA accomplished a lot last year and I want to ensure there’s no oversights in what we’ve done. I think there are a lot of ways that CUSA could change for the better and I want to help create that change.

Melate Mulugeta

Melate Mulugeta could not be reached by the Charlatan.

Katelyn Madigan 

Katelyn Madigan could not be reached by the Charlatan.

These interviews have been edited for brevity and clarity.

Featured image by Maryam Teima.