Matt Roloff from the TLC show Little People, Big World will be this year’s Fall Orientation keynote speaker, according to Student Experience Office manager Jeremy Brzozowski.

Roloff is scheduled to speak to incoming first-year students on Sept. 1. Brzozowski said Roloff was chosen after a sudden cancellation with Breaking Bad actor RJ Mitte, as his filming schedule ran later than scheduled.

Mitte spoke to Carleton students last year on Oct. 3. Brzozowski said he had a great showing and the student response was positive.

“[Mitte] was very much on point,” Brzozowski said.

He added although Mitte will not be able to attend Fall Orientation, he is scheduled to speak at Carleton later on in the year.

Brzozowski said he is excited to have Roloff speak to incoming first-years and that he was a top choice despite the sudden change in schedule.

He added Roloff is a great speaker and has a lot to share to new students from his personal journey.

“I’m quite excited about Matt joining us next week,” Brzozowski said. Roloff currently has children who are attending university, and Brzozowski said he will have good advice to give to students.

Aside from featuring on the show Little People, Big World, Roloff authored two books and currently owns a manufacturing company specializing in mobility equipment designed for little people, according to a press release.

He also served as national president of Little People of America, and went on humanitarian aid trips in the Middle East to help little people in Iraq, the press release said.