File photo by Nisita Ratnasari.

Just two weeks after the Carleton men’s basketball team’s 49-game winning streak during the regular season was snapped, the Windsor Lancers handed the Ravens  another loss in the closing minutes.

The Ravens came into the Jan. 23 game ranked second in the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS), with Windsor ranked fifth, but home-court advantage proved enough to give them the upset over the Ravens 74-71.

Lancers fourth-year guard Rotimi Osuntola, who was already leading the CIS in rebounds, led both teams with 22 points.

Osuntola was also a force to be reckoned with off the boards with 16 rebounds, including four defensive rebounds in the fourth quarter.

The Lancers’ defence also did a good job keeping reigning CIS male athlete of the year Phil Scrubb in check, limiting him to only 12 points and three rebounds.

Thomas Scrubb led the Ravens with 20 points, but his offensive output wasn’t enough to break the Lancers’ late push.

The loss, partially redeemed by a 98-61 victory over the Western Mustangs on Jan. 24, now puts the Ravens at 11-2.

Their record is good enough for second in the Ontario University Athletics North division.

The Ravens will go on the road one more time to play the Algoma Thunderbirds on Jan. 31, their last game before the Capital Hoops Classic at the Canadian Tire Centre on Feb. 6.

The game will be a rematch of the Jan. 10 encounter against the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees, currently the top team in the nation.