Choosing Carleton has been one of the best decisions I have made up until this point in my life. The opportunities available to me and my peers have been endless through services, events, clubs and committees. I personally would like to thank CUSA for these opportunities. I now, would like to have the opportunity to further improve my fellow peers’ Carleton experience by being elected the 2016-2017 public affairs and policy management councillor.

As much as I profoundly love Carleton, PAPM is the reason I initially chose this school. PAPM is such a unique program with truly diverse and wonderful people. I have made so many great relations with PAPM students and I would like to do everything I can to represent PAPM students to the best of my ability.

My goal as PAPM councillor is to foster student success both academically and socially with a specific focus on the needs of PAPM students. Academically, PAPM students and all other faculties would benefit from improved networking opportunities, leadership conferences and mentoring programs. PAPM students would also benefit from a PASS program for the PAPM 1000 course to enhance learning and minimize the withdraw rate of PAPM. Socially, I would like improve student awareness of the many clubs, societies, and athletic opportunities that are available. I also would like to invest excess funds into events and small capital projects that would benefit PAPM students and other faculties.

Even though I have endless ideas of how to improve student life at Carleton through CUSA, the most important ideas to me are the ideas of the PAPM students. I will meet monthly with PAPM students to ensure your needs are being met and I will do everything possible to make your ideas a reality.

Having a lower-year student as the PAPM councillor allows for a more diverse council and a new set of eyes and ideas in the committee. I am passionate about improving the student life on campus and I would thrive as your PAPM councillor. I promise to make ensure each PAPM student is extremely satisfied with their student life. I would appreciate your vote for the 2016-2017 CUSA public affairs and policy management councillor.