*Ensure that you are using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, NOT SAFARI. Hit refresh if the video doesn’t show up.

Name:  Hamid Dada Ilboudo
Program/year:
Fourth-year human rights with a minor in African studies
Position running for:
Vice president student life
Why are you running for CUSA council?

I’ve been planning events and working at our campus bar Oliver’s for a long time and I’m ready to reach out and unite with all students, to bring in programming everyone can enjoy. I love Carleton, and have had an incredible four years here. Next year, I will work hard with my team to make sure every student feels the same way.
What do you think makes you a good candidate?

My diverse involvement across campus is what I feel makes me the best candidate to be your next Vice-President Student Life. I was a club executive of the Ghanaian Student’s Association where I helped plan their largest event Golddust, and am the Philanthropy Chairman of my fraternity. Student Life is my life, and that’s why I, along with my team are committed to making next year the best yet!
What are two things you hope to achieve if elected?

1. Bring students CUSA’s first annual Welcome Week! This week would play off of Frosh week, but be open to every student. My team and I have a ton of great ideas for this week that include everything from beer gardens, free shisha tents, and nightly programming like spoken word shows.
2. The second thing United for Carleton want’s to bring to students next year is an unreal Homecoming! We’re finally getting our football team, so we plan to collaborate with Red Zone and their dedicated students at the heart of our Raven pride.
What’s one fun fact about yourself?

One fun fact about myself is, that I moved here from Ghana in 2001 and am a proud brother of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity.