A worker carries electrical cabels outisde Lanark building [Photo By: Spencer Colby]

UPDATE: By 8:30 p.m. Monday night, the power was restored to all residence buildings. Four residence buildings — Frontenac, Lanark, Renfrew and Prescott — continue to be powered by generators.

“Tunnel access to Frontenac and Lanark residences is temporarily closed due to high-voltage cables in that area,” the university tweeted.

Four residence buildings are still without power after an outage Monday morning on part of the Carleton University campus.

Frontenac, Lanark, Renfrew and Prescott buildings will be powered by generators until the issue is resolved, according to a tweet from the university.

The outage, which originally extended to all residence buildings, along with the St. Patrick’s and Nicol buildings, was first reported publicly just before 10 a.m. Monday morning. The cause of the outage is a problem with the Bronson Ave. substation, per the university.

By noon, power had been restored to the Lennox-Addington, Glengarry, Residence Commons, Stormont-Dundas and Nicol buildings, but not to the four remaining residence buildings.

Hydro Ottawa said in a tweet that 12,638 customers in the Bank Street, Walkley Road, Hunt Club and Heron Road area — southeast of the university — were experiencing an outage Monday morning, but did not include Carleton in its outage map.

The company restored power to the affected area by 10:50 a.m., according to a tweet.

“Facilities Management and Planning and Ottawa Hydro continue to work to resolve the issue,” the university tweeted. “It is important once the generators are in place that precautions are taken to avoid the area around the generators and cables.”

The university will provide an update on the situation Tuesday morning.