Big Hero 6

Director: Don Hall, Chris Williams

Distributed by: Walt Disney Animation Studios

Walt Disney Animation Studios are back with a Marvel of a twist, Big Hero 6.

With the anticipation and discreet trailers, Big Hero 6 was either going to meet our expectations or drop us hard. Luckily, the mix of Disney and Marvel packed more of a punch than expected.

Set in the beautiful fictional city of San Fransokyo, boy genius Hiro, played by Ryan Potter, develops a special and comedic connection with Baymax a huggable, naive robot voiced by Scott Adsit.

They embark on an action-packed adventure that will leave you with laughs and a few tears.

While Big Hero 6 is aimed at children, the emotional levels the film reaches are adult.

The film reminds me how linear life appears to children, and how easily that illusion can break. Time is relative, while we sit here wondering what our next assignment is, where we are going to be in the next two years, we must remind ourselves of who we are today. We cannot control fate, we do choose how we react.

Big Hero 6 reminds you to laugh. Even in your darkest moments, a simple laugh can make the world of a difference.

While we do grow up, and see the darker side of humanity, Baymax’s lovable humility reminds us that you are never too old to smile.

The moments of compassion, the moments of happiness, and the times of laughter mould us into the people we become.

As children, we do feel invincible. We want to fly, be strong, run the fastest, jump the highest. As adults we often underestimate the frustrations of childhood, like being small and feeling voiceless.

Big Hero 6 tells a story of family. Blood or not, the strength of people around us—people supporting you, comforting you—can make life a lot easier. This brings us back to the relativity of time, and how easy it is for us to take it and the family around us for granted. Whether it be your parents or your giant white inflatable robot, give someone a hug today. In the end, all we do have is each other.