Photos by Kyle Fazackerley.

Bob Saget

Don’t ever let a small child see Bob Saget’s stand-up—it will ruin them. I think a little piece of everyone’s innocence died during a vulgar but hilarious hour-long set that was laid back and seemed relatively unstructured.

He told stories of off-the-set exploits with fellow Full House stars Jon Stamos and Dave Coulier, did his best to help an audience member find female companionship, and showed off his quick wit as he zipped off unrepeatable one-liners about unrepeatable subjects.

Saget even got into the Bluesfest spirit and played guitar while singing a few of his timeless tales of chivalry, honour, and grace. Just kidding, I can’t tell you what the songs were about.

Awolnation

Awolnation delivered an energetic, loud, and high-powered performance of soulful and pulsing electronic rock. Their live sound carries much more depth and authority than what can be captured on a studio recording.

The bass was heavy and musicianship was tight. Vocalist Aaron Bruno delivered a passionate performance, shredding his vocal chords with haunting and guttural screams.

They offered intense renditions of many of their recognizable hits such as “Not Your Fault,” “Some Kind of Joke,” from the Iron Man 3 Soundtrack, and, of course, the killer groove “Sail.” The band recently finished a month long tour of Europe, and is currently working on a follow up to their debut album Megalithic Symphony.

Childish Gambino childish

Ploughed through his tunes like a bull through a screen door.

Rhythm from his rhymes flowed, like controversy from Rob Ford.

This man has swagger like the tree tops when the wind blows.

Like a rapping version of Lucille 2 with vertigo.

A full band kept the beats pumping like fists at the Jersey shore.

Much more clever lines than “suits bought at the toilet store.”

Treated fans to songs like “3005” and “Worldstar.”

And it was buy-one-get-one freestyle for the encore.

“Freaks and Geeks” pleased the crowd like Rogen and Franco.

If you appreciate clever lines, you’ve gotta see one of his shows.