Within the first few minutes of wandering around campus, we spotted a group of seniors playing catch. Among them was our first street-style snap of the year.

Upon seeing her baseball glove we had flashbacks to Alexander Wang’s S/S 2010 collection, where models were sent down the runway with sports equipment for accessories. Adding to the masculine appeal were her worn in pair of combat boots. The feminine addition of her Chanel-like jacket topped off a minimal, yet playful ensemble.

Name: Foon Ling

Program: Fourth year, industrial design

Hometown: Toronto

What is your favorite thing about your outfit?
Foon Ling (FL): My glove!

What is a trend that you would like to see go away?
FL: Crocs.

We have seen plenty of ombre tresses on campus this year, but upon seeing Steph, we saw how she made the hair trend her own. After ogling her hair, we were struck by Steph’s vintage vibe. She perfectly pulled off the oversize look, which one could claim to be a reaction to the previous years’ domination by body-con silhouettes.

Being extremely stylish and comfortable is a hard thing to do, and Steph definitely pulled it off!

Name: Steph Eholor

Program: Third year, communication studies

Hometown: Toronto

What’s your favorite part of your outfit?
Steph (SE):
My sweater, I love oversized. It’s from a thrift store. Actually everything is, besides my shoes, which are from Aldo.

What inspires you?
SE:
I’m inspired by vintage clothing, Zoë Kravitz, and Miley Cyrus.

SE:
Definitely when girls wear basketball shoes with cute outfits; so ugly.

What is one fall trend you are excited to try out?
SE:
Dark, deep, sexy lipsticks.

About to call it a day, we decided to head back to our vehicles. While passing the Canal Building we saw a flash of pink, which led us to Xeyuo, an exchange student from China! Mixing prints like a pro, Xeyuo also skillfully mixed a transitional outfit. As fall approaches, we have noticed many students seemingly jumping headfirst into winter wear. Xeyou avoided the seasonal confusion by adding fall touches, like her socks and thick cardigan, to her otherwise summery outfit.

Xeyou’s prints are reminiscent of a Rachel Comey-like pairing, and show her knack for creating an unexpected, yet, pulled together outfit.

Name: Xeyou

Program: Third year post-graduate, Biology

Hometown: Near Shanghai

Xeyou (X): My trousers.

What was the last thing you bought?
X: A green printed flower dress from American Apparel.

What is your favorite trend at the moment?
X: Vintage.