After being seeded as the top team of the tournament heading into the U SPORTS women’s basketball Final 8, it seemed as if the Carleton Ravens women’s basketball team was ready to step out of the men’s basketball team’s shadow.

Although they fell short in pursuit of their first national title, they still won a bronze medal, which marked the best finish in program history.

It’s not often that a team is one of the best in Canada, and isn’t led by a fifth-year player—but that’s the case for the Ravens, as their entire line-up and new recruits will accomplish that.

They already have three players that are among the best in the Ontario University Athletics with Heather Lindsay, Elizabeth Leblanc, and Catherine Traer, as evidenced by their end-of-year hardware, while Lindsay was named a Second Team All-Canadian by U SPORTS.

When the men’s and women’s basketball teams returned from the Final 8 this year, Carleton University encouraged fans on Twitter to “welcome home the National Champion men’s basketball team” at Alumni Hall, but fans of the women’s team were told to meet them at the airport—with no mention of their record achievement.

There’s no chance the women’s basketball team will be treated like a second fiddle in the future, as their first national title isn’t far away.