When it comes to promoting athletics, Carleton needs to switch from only marketing football to widely promoting every sports team. 

Over the years, the football team has received the most marketing for their home openers, homecoming games and of course, the widely advertised annual Panda game between the Carleton Ravens football team and the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees. 

As a result, football gets big attendance numbers. But who’s to say that one sport is better enjoyed than another? Or more deserving of home support? Every team’s home opener, homecoming game and University of Ottawa rivalry is a big event. 

Carleton has some of the best varsity teams in the Ontario University Athletics Division and they deserve more attention and recognition from their peers.

It’s time for the marketing team to step up. The social media presence for other sports needs to be better, ticket sales need to be further encouraged, and behind-the-scenes strategies need to strive to promote a unified Carleton sports community. 

The atmosphere created at well-promoted football games from alumni, first-year students, frosh leaders, family and friends sitting in the stands is invaluable to the team. 

If the marketing from the school was done better, all the other teams and fans could experience it too. 

Feature image from file.