DVBBS certainly didn’t disappoint the thousands of fans who showed up for their pre-Panda Game concert at the EY Centre on Sept. 29. The brother duo of Chris and Alex van den Hoef rocked the stage, filling the venue with their high energy and crazy beats.

The beats certainly weren’t the only things that were wild. Topless girls spent the night on shoulders dancing front row for the concert, and behind the crowd, others showed off their shuffling skills.

DJ Dzeko warmed up the crowd for DVBBS, generating a buzz that lasted through the night. His variety of remixes allowed everyone to find a song to dance to, whether they wanted to hear EDM or rock.

He played classics that everyone could sing along to, such as “I Like to Move It” and the Killers’ “Mr. Brightside.” Each song was woven into a beat, and led to a bass drop that had the crowd jumping and screaming. Dzeko didn’t fail to bring the crowd new music either, and played his summer 2017 remix of French Montana’s “Unforgettable.” 

DJ Dzeko had the crowd moving, but nothing compared to the energy DVBBS brought to the stage. Despite the less-than-stellar turnout, the DJ duo made it feel as if they were performing for a crowd of 10,000. As soon as they started, everyone pushed to the front.

With an impressive light show and Alex hyping up the crowd, one couldn’t help dancing along with the beat drops. DVBBS cranked the volume up, and their bass-heavy music was intense. They dropped beat after beat, not allowing the crowd to take a single break.

DVBBS wasn’t shy when it came to using visual effects either. Steam and confetti rained down on the crowd, and you could see the joy in everyone’s faces. Phones were up and no one was missing the opportunity to capture the moment on Snapchat.

The fact that the event didn’t come close to selling out was surprising. However, watching Chris spin and Alex jump around on stage, it was hard to notice how small the crowd was. And the brothers didn’t seem to mind at all. They never dropped their energy level, or their intensity.

DVBBS shared their passion for music with their audience in a way that made everyone feel connected. The atmosphere created inside the venue lasted until the end. What a perfect way to introduce Panda Game weekend.

Photo by Matthew Czapalay