Drake is one of the most successful rappers in the world, and has made incredible accomplishments in 2015. 

Drake’s “Hotline Bling” was named Billboard.com’s best hip-hop song of 2015. “Know Yourself” from Drake’s If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late was number five on the list.

Drake’s successful career has lead to many individuals loving his music and him as an artist. On Jan. 16, Babylon Nightclub hosted their second Drake-themed night.   

“The feedback and response for the Beyonce night was just incredible. We didn’t know what to expect at first when I was DJing the night, but everyone was losing it and having a wonderful time,” Matt Tamblyn, one of the DJs at Babylon, said.

Babylon is known for its artist-themed nights on Fridays and Saturdays, such as Beyonce and Justin Bieber nights.

After the success of Beyonce night, Babylon decided to choose other popular artists to dedicate events to.   

“People really enjoy Drake’s music and if they can get together to listen to it, that’s even more fun,” Tamblyn said.

The night club reached full capacity for Drake Night in October and January. Multiple Drake songs from earlier on in his career to recent hits from 2015 were played.

“Not only does Drake have a lot of great tracks, he’s also kind of a cultural phenomenon who’s clever and crafty in the way he does his videos and his public persona,” Tamblyn said.

Tamblyn said part of the appeal of the night is the predictability of what will be played.

“Another reason why I think these artist nights are successful is because it communicates well. People don’t need to wonder what it’s going to be like. They already know to a certain extent what to expect and that’s attractive to people,” Tamblyn said. 

Many students in attendance were fans of Drake and his music, and go to Babylon to hear Drake while spending time with their friends.

“I liked how the night was focused on one artist that a lot of people listen to. Also, they played a bunch of different Drake songs, and not just the most popular ones,” Carmelle Baylon, a second-year software engineering student at Carleton, said.