The disqualification and appeal process in the Carleton University Students’ Association (CUSA) elections against the Change slate is ongoing, with no conclusion having been reached almost 10 days after the disqualification was ruled.

Change campaign manager Adam Caroll said the team filed four appeals on Feb. 10, which contain evidence they feel will clear the slate.

“We are confident that the evidence contained will clear the team and let Ashley assume his democratically elected role,” Carroll said. “We have engaged in the appeal process that very clearly spells out that this disqualification is undemocratic.”

The four appeals are area where the slate believes the electorial office overstepped or applied the electoral code incorrectly, he added.

Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Matt Swain said the electoral board will meet to review the appeal and a decision will be made from there.

“The electoral board will meet hopefully before the break,” Swain said.

Depending on whether the electoral board approves the appeal, the slate can then appeal the disqualification to the highest body, the constitutional board, Swain said.

Carroll said one component of the appeal is the disqualification of the whole slate for one person’s actions.

“One is the entire team should not be penalized for the action of one volunteer. The electoral code states they should be disciplined on individual behaviour,” Carroll said. “Disqualfiying the entire team is a complete overstep and we are confident that it will be revoked.”

“We hope the electoral board makes the best decision for students,” he added.