Charlatan Live is the Charlatan's weekly audio show. [Graphic by Sara Mizannojehdehi]

Charlatan Live is the Charlatan’s weekly show about Carleton University’s latest news, stories, arts and sports.

This week, host Mark Colley talks with hockey reporter Simon Hopkins about the Carleton Raven’s women’s hockey team. 

To read more of Simon’s reporting, click the links below:

We would like to acknowledge that we are living, working, and operating on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin nation.

As settlers on this land, we are committed to prioritizing Indigenous voices and learning how we can support the ongoing movement towards decolonization and anti-racism.

Follow us on your favourite podcast platform if you want Charlatan Live streamed, beamed and delivered through machines straight to your face once per week.

Want to send a message to the hosts? Use this form: https://forms.gle/AAnsPEwgQ94it8vd7 

This episode featured “Catch It” by Coma Media.

TRANSCRIPT

INTRO

The Carleton Ravens women’s hockey team isn’t having a great year and they’re about to miss the playoffs for the ninth season in a row.

But believe it or not, there’s more than meets the eye. With a new coach at the helm, the Ravens just might be on the rise in university hockey.

So today. With three games left in the season, we sit down with women’s hockey reporter Simon Hopkins. He’ll tell us about the season that was, who to watch and why there’s reason to be excited about the Ravens.

I’m Mark Colley. It’s Friday, February 10th. This is Charlatan Live.

OUTRO

Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Charlatan Live.

You can stay up to date with the Ravens and all of Simon’s great reporting on Twitter at Reporter_Simon.

We acknowledge that we are living, working and operating on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin nation.

Thanks for listening. I’m Mark Colley. We’ll talk to you next week.

Featured image by Sarah Mizannojehdehi.