A Carleton Academic Student Government (CASG) vice-president has resigned after a motion to terminate her and another executive was withdrawn.

A petition signed by 10 CASG members lead to an investigation of vice-president (internal) Sarah McCue and vice-president (operations) Tabitha McDonald over allegations of missing money.

In the emergency meeting, president Andrew Kwai withdrew a motion to terminate both vice-presidents, due to “new information” that was not made public at the time.

CASG returned Feb. 11 for a regularly scheduled meeting that revealed little about the secret emergency meeting.

McCue will continue serving as vice-president (internal), while McDonald has resigned from her position.

Kwai declined to comment on whether the resignation was connected to the incident at the emergency meeting, but he did provide some detail on the allegations and the information that ended them.

“The issue wasn’t missing money, there were just receipts that were misplaced,” he said. “It turns out that there was an oversight on the people who were checking our finances. Things came up that we didn’t expect.”

McCue declined to comment for the story. McDonald could not be reached as of publication time.

An interim vice-president (operations) will be appointed by CASG’s executive committee and will take over McDonald’s duties for the two-and-a-half months left in the term.