CASG elects new executive team for the 2022/23 academic year. [Graphic by Sierra Mclean]

Dakota Livingston, current vice-president (internal) will succeed Carleton Academic Student Government (CASG) president Jennifer Ramnarine for the 2022-23 academic year.

Livingston, a third-year global and international studies student, ran uncontested and was elected internally by the CASG councillors in an election that took place on March 24 and 25. 

As students are returning to campus, Livingston said she is hopeful CASG will be able to bring back some of its traditions, like pancakes in the Tory tunnels. 

“There’s going to be a lot of opportunity for CASG to come forward as a strong advocate for students,” Livingston said. 

Lindsey Keene, a third-year public affairs and policy management student, was elected to fill the position of vice-president (internal). Keene also ran uncontested.

Francesca Lepore, second-year global and international studies, will be the new vice-president (operations). Lepore won a majority against candidates Jorja Darrington and Labiba Fairooz. 

Nora Draper, a second-year policy and public affairs management student, was elected for the vice-president (academic) position. Draper won with only three more votes than Will Smith, the only other candidate, who currently sits as a CASG councillor for the journalism program. 

Of the four new executives, only Livingston has been an executive or councillor with CASG before. She said she is excited to work with an executive team who is both new to the organization and fully female. 

CASG also elected two faculty coordinators, Sean Cruz for arts and social sciences and Cassandra Klein for public affairs. 

The current executive team held their last meeting on March 18.

Graphic by Sierra Mclean.