[Photo from file.]

Carleton Athletics announced its attendance policy for sporting events for the start of the 2021-22 school year, allowing 25 per cent capacity and following social distancing restrictions.

Vaccinations will be required for attendance, which follows Carleton’s on-campus vaccination policy announced last month. Masks will be required, spectators will be required to stay two metres apart and no food or drinks will be permitted in the stands.

Athletics has yet to announce when tickets will go on sale, as it is currently in the process of onboarding a new ticketing system. Tickets will be sold for football, hockey and basketball, while rugby and soccer will not be ticketed events. Instead, seating for games will work on a first-come, first-serve basis.

There is a waitlist for tickets to the football season opener on Sept. 18, the only game for which tickets are currently available.

The capacity limit for the annual Panda game scheduled for Oct. 2 at TD Place will be 15,000 fans, as set by venue administrators.

Athletics is planning to bring back BirdGang season passes for students, according to Sheryl Hunt, assistant director of marketing and brand strategy.

Women’s rugby will be the first team to return to game action with a 1 p.m. match on Sept. 11 against the Université de Montréal.

Featured image from file.