For the second straight year, several of Canada’s most talented and decorated gymnasts tumbled and jumped their way to success in the Canadian Gymnastics Championships, which ran from May 26-31 at Carleton University.

The competition saw competitors take part in events in the four Olympic disciplines of gymnastics: men’s and women’s artistic, rhythmic, and trampoline. The participants represented their provinces during the competition.

There were a few Canadian Olympians gracing the bars, beams, rings, trampoline, and floor during the competition, including Ontario’s Rosie MacLennan from King City, Ont., who backed up her gold medal performance at the 2012 London Olympics with an eight-point win in the women’s senior individual trampoline.

On the men’s side, Ontario’s Jason Burnett, who won a silver medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, took home the national title in men’s individual trampoline with an 11-point victory.

In the artistic events, Nova Scotia’s Ellie Black and British Columbia’s Robert Watson earned the top scores from the judges in the women’s and men’s senior all-around finals, respectively.

At the junior level, Ottawa native Sam Zakutney missed out on his chance to win a fourth straight national title at his age group, as his third-place finish kept him three points back of the winner, British Columbia’s Aaron Mah.

In the junior girls all-around event, Quebec’s Rose-Kaying Woo triumphed as the national champion.

Jennifer Brenning, Carleton’s athletics director, said she was pleased with the outcome of the championships, and said large crowds of people gathered on campus to watch the events unfold.

She said the university earned the opportunity to host the prestigious event again due to its new athletic facilities.

“Gymnastics Canada works with local clubs to determine the site and contacted Carleton. It’s primarily because of all the facilities we have to host an event of that magnitude,” she said.

Brenning said the judges have not determined whether Carleton will host a third straight national championship in 2015.