The Carleton Ravens will be well-represented at the upcoming Ottawa Sports Awards, following the nominations released Jan. 21.

Nominees for the men’s basketball team include male team of the year, Philip Scrubb for male athlete of the year, and Dave Smart for male coach of the year.

Carleton graduate Ben Tardioli has already been named winner for the canoe/kayak individual sprint category, and Matthew Fournier has also already won for rowing.

The women’s curling team has been nominated for female team of the year for the first time.

“We’re all very honoured and excited to get to celebrate our past season together,” Ravens second Lynn Kreviazuk said.

Lead Jessica Armstrong of the curling team said they are happy that their hard work is being recognized.

The curling team won the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) national championships this past year, while still technically being considered a competitive club.

“I think that goes a long way to show that curling deserves varsity status at Carleton,” Kreviazuk said.

With the win, the team will move on to the Winter Universiade in Granada, Spain in February.

The past year was also successful for the Ravens men’s basketball team, which won its 10th CIS championship in 12 years, going undefeated in the regular season and only registering one playoff loss.

The team has won male team of the year three years in a row at the Sports Awards, and has won a total of seven times since 2004.

Part of the reason for the wins was Philip Scrubb, who averaged 18.6 points per game.

Scrubb made history by winning the Mike Moser Memorial trophy for CIS player of the year three years in row.

In addition, he won male athlete of the year in 2014 at the Ottawa Sports Awards, making this his second nomination.

The Ravens will face the Gee-Gees this time off the court, with both teams’ coaches being nominated for coach of the year. Dave Smart, head coach of the Ravens, has won male coach of the year five times.

James Derouin, a first-time nominee led the Gee-Gees to the Ontario University Athletics final, where they beat the Ravens to move on to the CIS national championships.

The Gee-Gees would meet their rivals again in the CIS final, this time with the Ravens coming out on top.

The banquet will be held on Jan. 28 at Algonquin College.