Screenshot by Cassie Hendry.

Fashion boils down to trends subject to constant change, but style transcends the ages.

Style is a timeless way of pulling pieces together in a way that expresses a person’s individuality. This week, your Campus Style bloggers wandered Carleton’s campus to find out what today’s trendiest students had to say about their style.

What outfits make you, you? How do you express yourself as an individual? This campus style is all about the decisions we make to express ourselves through fashion. After all, trends come and go, but uniqueness will always be remembered.

Through the cluster of student traffic in the Unicentre, we spotted stylish students pushing past one another to get to class. Here’s what they had to say about their individual style and unique fashion choices.

Whether your style is urban, sporty, comfortable, girly, chic, or all of the above, these Carleton students prove that any trend is stylish if you wear it with confidence.

Campus Style’s advice to you this week? Don’t follow the trend. In the midst of commercial fashion and the mainstream, it is hard to rummage through your true self to discover the style that makes you most comfortable and confident, but remember, the trendiest fashion item the malls can’t offer is your individuality.