(Photos by Michel Ghanem)

What would our student body resemble, if we all collectively stopped shaving for a month? This week on Campus Style, I observed fashionable students giving their input on “No Shave November” and how they will feel once November comes to an end.

Patrick, first-year film studies

Tell us what you’re wearing.

Surprisingly enough, most of the stuff I wear is Value Village . . . black slip-ons from New York, wool socks from Costco, corduroy pants and jacket from West 49, a shirt underneath from Urban Oufitters in Montreal, and a hat which was a gift from a friend.

What is the story behind your bike?

It was a crazy day — I was going to Europe, and it was the day of my after-prom. I went to go put down my dog on a farm, and when we went back into the farm house there was this bike being illuminated by the cracks in the ceiling and I asked my grandpa’s friend, who was the man who owned the bike, if he had any use for it. He said that I could have it.  My grandpa didn’t understand why because it was all rusted, but I found quality in it. I flew out to Barcelona the next day; it was a huge rollercoaster of emotion that week.

Opinion on “No Shave November”?

I feel like I cheated because I started back in October. I shave every like two weeks or something like that, that’s about it.

Katie, fourth-year english

Tell us about your look.

My boots are from Spring, my pants are from H&M, my flannel is from Urban Outfitters as part of the renewed vintage clothing line they had, my jacket is from Aritzia, and my backpack is Herschel from NRML.

What inspires you to dress well in the morning?

I feel like it’s pretty casual, what I’m wearing right now – but I feel better about myself when I look nicer, and it inspires me to do my school work which is a weird thing to say but it really does inspire me to do things, when I feel nice and feel good about myself! It motivates you.

How do you feel about “No Shave November”?

It depends honestly. Some people can rock it, some people can’t – it’s for a good cause at the end of the day so I can’t really complain much. But I love a guy with some scruff!

Benjamin, first-year journalism

Tell us a bit about your outfit.

A plaid shirt, an American Apparel hoodie, pleather pants, and the boots found in my basement.

Where do you find the motivation to dress well?

Setting the bar high for other people I guess! I definitely feel more confidence when I put effort into my outfits, instead of going to class in sweat pants all the time.

I would do it, but I look really bad with facial hair. I don’t grow any. I can’t say that I will be sad to see all the hair go away.

Keeping up with Campus Style?

You can follow Michel Ghanem on Twitter, @wtfmichel.