Screenshot by Taylor Barrett.

You’ve probably seen them around school: the business students. Recognizable for their suits, dress shoes, and button-up shirts, they stand out through the hoards of leggings, jeans, and T-shirts in Carleton’s hallways. And you may have asked, “What’s it all for?”

It’s an occurrence on many university campuses, the business students dressing up for class, and is something most might not understand the purpose of in an environment where comfort, uniqueness, and individuality is common in clothing choices.

This week, Campus Style took to the halls of Carleton to find out exactly why they go formal, what Sprott business style is to them, and how they try to stand out in a world of black and blue tailoring.

So there is evidently a standard at Sprott, an expectation for professionalism, and yet people find ways around the typical suit to show their unique style. Whether it’s with hairstyles, coloured button-ups or ties, or pulling off a suit with undeniable confidence, it is still possible to be uniquely you in an environment full of similarities.

Campus Style’s advice for you this week? Stay true to you even in the business world. Though there is an expectation for professionalism, there is room for your unique style to shine through. So wear those bright heels, interestingly shaped glasses, or colourful shirts to brighten up your outfit, and stand out in the office with confidence.