A 26-year-old man has been charged with three counts of sexual assault at Carleton after an Ottawa Police investigation surrounding reports of “inappropriate touching” of three female staff members at the university.

Ottawa Police spokesperson Const. Marc Soucy said one staff member came forward with a complaint on Sept. 4 about an incident that allegedly occurred two days prior. He said this prompted police to search for other victims.

They identified two other separate incidents in which female workers at the university reported they were “inappropriately touched” by a male. One of these also allegedly occurred on Sept. 2, and the other was on March 6.

All three involved the same male suspect, police said.

The accused, Mohamed Daoud of Ottawa, was scheduled to appear in court Sept. 5, according to police.

Const. Soucy said police continue to investigate in case there are more victims. He declined to identify if Daoud has a connection to Carleton either as a student or staff member, and said the accused “was allowed to be there at the time.”

The suspect has since been banned from campus, according to an e-mail release from the Department of University Safety.

“Carleton University takes the safety of its students, faculty and staff very seriously and implemented the ban the day after charges were laid,” the e-mail read. “The university has in place a number of robust measures to ensure the campus community is protected.”