An election to replace Zane Colt on Carleton’s Board of Governors will be held online in March, board secretary Anne Bauer said.

Colt resigned from his position as an undergraduate representative last month following a tweet about an Arab cultural symbol.

The tweet sparked a petition to remove Colt from the Board of Governors that attracted over 1,000 signatures.

The election to replace Colt will be held online along with elections for the rest of the student slate on the Board of Governors, Bauer said.

A vote will be held for three undergraduate seats. Two of the seats will be filled next year and the third will fill Colt’s seat for the one month remaining on his term.

Bauer said the vacant undergraduate seat will have little effect on student representation on Carleton’s highest governing body, as the next full board meeting will not be held until after March’s elections.

“There was one undergraduate student at the last board meeting and that’s when the decision was made to replace the seat right away,” Bauer said. “There are no board meetings in February.”

The new representative will also be elected in time for most of the board’s committee meetings before the end of the academic year.

Until the elections are held, Carleton University Students’ Association president Alexander Golovko will be the only undergraduate representative on the Board of Governors.

Carleton students will have the opportunity to vote in the elections online March 11-13.