Linden Bahm notched a career-high 24 points this season. (Photo by Kyle Fazackerley)

As a four-year veteran of the Carleton Ravens hockey team, Linden Bahm has been able to see the team’s development into a national title contender.

But his career may be coming to an end after the Ravens were eliminated from the 2014 University Cup.

“It’s tough because [being at the University Cup] was great, but we didn’t get the result we wanted,” he said. “It was our goal to make it to nationals and we did that, so we have to look at the positives.”

Bahm said as his Ravens career might be over now that he’s graduating, he will miss being a part of the team.

“My four years here were incredible. I’ve met so many good people, made so many good friends, and I have nothing bad to say about it,” he said.

Before Bahm came to Carleton, he said his journey began in the small village of Kinburn, Ont. in the Ottawa Valley.

“My childhood was probably different than a lot of other kids,” he said. “I pretty much grew up on my grandfather’s farm because it’s right beside my parents’ place, so it was a lot of fun.”

In 2006, he moved on to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, where he would play four seasons split between the Shawinigan Cataractes and the Halifax Mooseheads.

After finishing his major junior career, Bahm decided to come home and suit up for the Ravens.

In his first three years at Carleton, Bahm recorded between 15 to 17 points each season before notching a career-high 24 points this year as an assistant captain.

Ravens coach Marty Johnston said Bahm was a consistent producer at both ends of the ice during his time coaching him.

“Coaching Linden is probably the easiest thing to do,” Johnston said. “He’s always approachable in terms of what to do on the ice and off the ice, and he’s developed into a leader.”

At a March 21 University Cup press conference following a season-ending 3-2 loss to the McGill Redmen, Johnston singled out Bahm as an example of someone who represents what his team has done.

“[Bahm] has sort of been the face of where we’ve come. He’s a hard working guy, and he’s given everything he’s had,” Johnston said.

Bahm said he loved playing for Johnston over the past four years.

“Marty is a coach that expects a lot from you. I take his messages to heart and I just do what I can for this team,” Bahm said. “He’s made me the player that I am today. He’s pushed me, and I’ve risen to his challenges and just do what’s asked of me.”

But he said it’s too soon to make a final decision on his future.

“I do have another year of eligibility, but I’m going to be looking for something maybe in the East Coast Hockey League or in Europe,” he said. “I’m hoping to play pro next year, if not then I’m going to see what happens.”

Bahm said regardless of what he does in the future, he said his time at Carleton has prepared him for life after university.

“I think I’ve improved here as a hockey player and as a person,” he said. “Being able to play with a great coaching staff and a great bunch of guys, it just made me better.”