For the fourth year in a row, Alyson Bush has been recognized not only by her peers, but by the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) organization.

On March 6, Bush was named OUA East player of the year, OUA East defensive player of the year, awarded for her outstanding service to the sport, and named an OUA all-star for her fourth straight season.

But as always, Bush is more than humble when quizzed about her success both on and off the court.

“Obviously, it’s a big accomplishment, but as I’ve said before, I couldn’t have done this without my teammates,” she said.

Since arriving at Carleton back in September 2008, Bush has taken the Ravens Nest by storm, establishing herself as one of the top guards in Ontario.

Taffe Charles, the head coach of the Ravens, says she is more than just the best guard in the province.

“As I’ve said before, I really think she is one of the best players in the country,” he said over the phone, as the team was on its way to Windsor for the OUA championships.

Charles has admitted on several occasions how highly he holds Bush, saying at one point earlier in the season that Ravens fans were witnessing “history in the making” with her performance.

Throughout the season, she averaged roughly 14.2 points per game, the highest on her team — good enough for a third-place ranking in the division.

Speaking at the graduating players ceremony held at the last home game of the regular season, Charles said that his wife had first brought up recruiting Bush.

Charles’ wife helped coach Bush as a kid, and repeatedly told Charles to take a closer look at her.

Finally, he gave in, and the rest is history.

Bush was also announced as the OUA East recipient of the Joy Bellinger award, which is given to the female basketball student-athlete who demonstrates outstanding service to the sport and to the advancement of university athletics.

Her volunteering with youth basketball around Ottawa as well as organizing team outings to Camp Merrywood — a camp run by the Easter Seals for kids with physical disabilities — made her the ideal recipient.

With her time as a Raven drawing to an end, Bush remains coy on the possibility of coaching next year.

Other varsity players, such as Sherri Pierce and Joanna Medri at the University of Toronto, returned to help man their respective benches, but Bush refused to be drawn on any speculation that would happen here.

“It’s still up in the air,” she said. “I’m going to focus on next weekend and after that we’ll see where we go from there.”

With her career ending, the Ravens are hoping that they’ll be able to make one final push at nationals for their team leader.

“As great as winning individual awards is, to win it all is the be all and end all,” Bush said.