Music AlbumAustralian up-and-coming synth pop group The Jezabels have crafted 10 brilliant songs for their latest album The Brink.

Opening single “The Brink” is passionate and compelling.

The lyrics are somber yet powerful. If you never find something real in love, why not throw yourself into meaningless relationships?

As the song progresses, this question gets louder and more intense, building to a climax of drums and acoustics.

The increasing musical tension is complemented by telling a contrasting story to the questions posed earlier in the album about love.

Particularly “Look of Love” and “Time to Dance” are a confused yet flirtatious and honest response to the “What’s the point?” nature of the album.

These two songs create a playfulness built upon by the holistic and rhythmically-intoxicating beat in the background of percussion and guitar.

Songs such as “Psychotherapy” and “Angels of Fire” have softer, electronic backgrounds paired with a less resistant and aggressive approach to love and intimacy.

“Angels of Fire” is particularly good because it’s message is simple and honest, giving you a sense of earnestness from it.

The album finishes with a response to “The Brink” that accepts love and the idea of a relationship, and presents it all with the stunning vocals and rhythmic genius that are bound to make this album successful.