Brendan Emmett, a correspondent for the Toronto Blue Jays, visited Brewer Park on Sept. 23 to watch the Carleton Ravens beat the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees 15-2. This was part of a 22 day trip across the country.

Joel Szota, a third-year Carleton student, said the 22 Days of Blue Jays visit “definitely brought some extra excitement to the game, their crew was really eager to talk to us and get pictures.”

Szota said the team fed off of that energy, and it was an added bonus that the game was against the University of Ottawa.

“It was a rivalry game, so we definitely wanted to win in front of the cameras,” he said.

Ethan Nodwell is a third-year student who has taken over the position of fundraising for the team. He said he hopes the 22 Days of Blue Jays correspondent will help publicize the Ravens baseball team’s GoFundMe page.

Nodwell created the GoFundMe page on Sept. 14, and since then, the crowd-funding site has raised $660 for the team.

Nodwell said the main goal of the fundraising campaign is to cut down on student costs, and lower what the players have to pay out of pocket.

“We’re also trying to get a team bus,” he said. The team often plays in Montreal, and Nodwell said it would make a big difference to be able to travel together as a team to those away games.

A third goal of Nodwell’s for the campaign is to eventually bring a home field onto Carleton campus.

“We’re trying to put the groundwork in place to try and get a field, a baseball diamond, on campus,” he said.

Emmett retweeted Nodwell’s tweet with a link to the GoFundMe campaign page. Nodwell said he hopes with the publicity the 22 Days of Blue Jays is getting, this will help the GoFundMe campaign gain some attention.