My name is Mahmoud Sabry Ismail. I was born in Egypt and raised in Kuwait. For as long as I can remember, I have been passionate about all things inventive, especially engineering in all its forms. One of the reasons I decided to apply for Carleton University is because it is renowned for graduating generations of impeccable engineers who have later on succeeded greatly in their life,. Carleton has always been the shiny trophy at the end of my race that has given me the drive and strength to carry on regardless of the challenges I have faced.

I feel as though both this university and myself have much in common. I am always striving to be the best. I will do whatever it takes to achieve my goals and aspirations. My entire life I have struggled continuously with my surroundings to certify I am capable of living up to semi-impossible standards, and I am capable of pushing myself as far as is necessary.

Throughout university, I have gotten to know highly diverse communities and associations that have made a drastic difference in how I tend to co-operate, comprehend, and perceive the world.  The reason behind me running for elections are the numerous ideas I believe would extremely benefit the Carleton engineers. Not only this, but I am also willing to represent my department in front of CUSA to bond between them both. As a running candidate, I aspire to meet my colleagues’ standards and expectations.